ROMANCE NOVELIST JOY AVERY
By day, award-winning author Joy Avery works as an engagement manager. By night, the North Carolina native travels to imaginary worlds—creating characters whose romantic journeys invariably end in a happily ever after.
Joy’s books have garnered rave reviews and been nominated for several awards, including New Author of the Year, The Beverly Jenkins Author of the Year Award, The Brenda Jackson Romance of the Year Award, The Adrianne Byrd Queen of Comedy Romance Award, Rochelle Alers Best Series Award, and J.M. Jeffries Best Duo Award.
Joy lives in North Carolina with her husband. When not writing, she enjoys reading, collecting pounds of glitter and Sharpie®️ markers, and crafting.
- I took piano lessons as an adult. My teacher said I was better than most of her students. It would’ve held more weight had my classmates not been five-year-olds.
- I love all things butterflies. Who wouldn’t love a creature that can transform itself into something so majestic?
- I love big cats. Particularly lions and panthers.
- I am a hobbyist cake decorator. I’ve been told that I make the best ever triple chocolate cake.
- I love Maya Angelou quotes. My favorite quote is: “I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
- My nickname is … well, I’ll share that one a little later.
- I love glitter. Like love, love glitter.
- I have a ridiculous collection of Sharpie markers.
- I love horror movies, but refuse to watch THE EXORCIST. Not now; not never!!!
Lastly, and probably the most important thing you should know about me…
- I DETEST SPIDERS WITH A PASSION!!!
Think you can handle knowing even more about me? Visit my Blog, Like my Facebook page, or Follow me on Twitter. Heck, do all three! I’ll see you there. But until then … I wish you HEALTH, HAPPINESS, and EVERLASTING LOVE!